Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer in the USA. It’s also the first of three warm-weather holidays where red, white, and blue is expected and welcomed. Say “hello” to five summer celebration favorites that will carry you through Labor Day.
1. Replace the metal tops of your mason jars with card stock inserts and you’ll protect your ice-cold lemonade from bugs, and minimize possible spills.
2. I love sparklers, but they can be dangerous for little ones. Add some ribbon wands to the mix so everyone has something to wave when the mood strikes.
3. Dig out a well-loved quilt from your attic (or buy one on Etsy), and spread it out at the park, beach, or even in your own backyard. Perfect for day dreaming and picnic eating.
4. Pinwheels can add patriotic flair to your tabletop or can be a craft activity at your BBQ.
5. If you have a fire pit, s’mores are likely on the menu. But you can create this quintessential summer treat even without an open flame.
Check out more All-American celebration ideas on Pinterest. I would love to hear about some of your summer celebration favorites.