The deepest craving of human nature is
the need to be appreciated.
~ William James
It’s November – already! Autumn is my favorite time of the year, but October and November always seem to fly by. I don’t know if it’s due to less daylight or holiday preparations, but I find myself needing to be deliberate about taking time to enjoy the season.
For the past couple of years I’ve been more aware of November as a time to really focus on gratitude. Recently I’ve been going through quotes about gratitude to incorporate into a few projects I’m working on and I thought I would share five of my current favorites.
1. “The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “In ordinary life, we hardly realize we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.”
~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer
3. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live them.”
~ John F. Kennedy
4. “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.”
~ Melody Beattie
5. “Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude.”
~ A. A. Milne
Do you have a favorite quote about gratitude?